Darts is a sport which can sharpen the player’s hand-eye coordination, enhance the use and coordination of left and right brain, improve math skills as well as to improve one’s concentration and body posture. The scoring system of darts can also train the player’s logical and strategical thinking. This darts experience class allows participants to learn the basics of darts, dartboard calculation methods, basic dart skills and movement.
Date: 16 Aug 2019 (Fri) to 18 Aug 2019 (Sun), Three sessions each day
12:00 – 12:45 Darts Experience Class – Parent & Child
14:00 – 14:45 Darts Experience Class – Adults
16:00 – 16:45 Darts Experience Class – Adults
Venue: 3/F, Rotunda 2, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre (KITEC)
Target: Any age
Admission Fee: $50 (Please go to the reception of DARTS WORKSHOP to pay the admission fee before the class)
Quota: 30 per class
Instructor: Jessie Au, Mavis Tam & Cat Ip
Souvenir: A The Darts Factory Limited Goodies Bag
Jessie Au has been playing darts for three years and is a contract darts player for The Darts Factory and Target Arena. In the past year, she has actively participated in darts teaching activities in primary and secondary schools as well as elderly centres in Hong Kong.
Jessie has won the following awards:
- 2018 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 15 Gunner 2A - Champion
- 2018 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 16 Gunner 1B - 1st runner up
- 2018 The 14th ADA TOUR DOUBLES 501 Ladies 2 - 2nd runner up
- 2018 Guangzhou Super brand Muu Darts Player
- 2018 Hong Kong DARTSLIVE OPEN SINGLE C-Level - Best 16
Mavis Tam is a nurse and a contract darts player of The Darts Factory and JDarts Asia. She obtained her qualification as a darts coach from the Hong Kong Darts Federation in January 2019. She has been playing darts for 2.5 years.
Mavis has participated in different darts competitions in the past years:
- Hong Kong Master 2019(Steel Tip) Match 2nd & 3rd-Joint 5th
- The 15th ADA International Darts Tour Darts On Cup Singles 501-Ladies L1-Joint 5th
- 29th Hong Kong Open (Steel Tip) Cosmo Darts Women Single-Joint 5th
- 2017 Dartslive Open Hong Kong Medley Doubles B Level - Best 8
Cat Ip has been playing darts for 4 years and is a contract darts player for Mind Design & PW Leather. In the past year, she has actively participated in darts teaching activities in primary and secondary schools as well as elderly centres in Hong Kong.
Cat has won the following awards:
- 2018 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 14 - Marksman - Champion
- 2018 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 14 - Marksman Female - Top Player
- 2018 The 2nd Hong Kong International Darts Festival Mix Doubles - 5th - 8th Runner Up
- 2018 The 14th ADA International Darts Tour Garlsberg Hong Kong Open Ladies Top Gun - 5th - 8th Runner Up
- 2018 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 15 - Marksman - 1st runner up
- 2017 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 12 - Marksman - 1st runner up
- 2017 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 12 - Marksman Female - Top Player
- Hong Kong Tour Championship 2017 Stage 1 Hong Kong Ladies - 2nd Runner Up
- Hong Kong Tour Championship 2017 Stage 2 Hong Kong Ladies - Best 8
- 2017 Guangzhou Super brand Mind Design Player
- 2017 Phoenix Official League (P.O.L.) 13 - Marksman - 1st runner up
*SportsExpo 2019 Entry Ticket has been included in the admission fee.
Teams & Conditions
- The Organizers reserve the right of limit and refuses any enrolment.
- Participants are advised to arrange their own insurance cover.
- The Organizers reserve the right to contact participants for information regarding their enrolment.
- Participants aged under 18 years old on the date of entry required their parent or guardian’s consent for their participation and their parents should have read the terms and condition on their behalf.
- The Organizers reserve the rights to refuse any entry to participate for any inappropriate behaviour.
- Participants must ensure that they are physically fit to join the event. Participants should read the terms and condition on their behalf.
- The Organizers reserve the rights to refuse any entry to participate for improper sportswear.
- The organizer reserves the right to pursue compensation for the damage caused to the event equipment/facilities due to improper use of the participants.
- Participants are required to take care of their personal property during the event. The organizer is not responsible for any loss incurred from their participation in the workshop.
- Organizer reserves the rights to cancel, change or delay the activity on-site due to the adverse weather condition.
- All matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of the organizers.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms & Conditions, the Chinese version shall prevail.