Dance in Step – Dance Contest 2020 | Vol.2
SportsExpo aims at bringing wide variety of sports experience to the public. Following the success of last year, Dance in Step Vol.2 is now recruiting energetic dancers, competing in Precision Dance, boosting the atmosphere in SportsExpo 2020!
Dates & Time
Date: 15/8/2020 (Saturday)
Time: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (TBC)
Venue of the Finals
3/F, Star Hall, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exbitition Centre
* Finalist will be charged for application.
Each team must consist of not less than 4 members and shall not exceed 12 members. All participants must be a Hong Kong resident aged 15 or above.
Participants aged under 18 years old on the date of entry required their parent or guardian’s consent for their participation and their parents should have read the terms and condition on their behalf.
Participants are required to submit a video (no more than 1.5 minutes) for preliminary round. Please make sure the video is submitted in a correct format. Please state the type of your choreography (e.g. Jazz Funk, Hip-hop, Popping + Locking, etc.). The judges will score based on the type of choreography filled in for registration.
Online Public Voting Period (Popularity Award) : 1/8/2020 - 15/8/2020
Finalist Announcement: 2/8/2020
All entry choreographies must be original and the length of the entries must be within 3-4 minutes.
All music must not contain religious, provocative, violent, pornographic and foul languages or lyrics.
Prize and Award
Trophy and HK$8,000 cash will be awarded to the champion team
Trophy and HK$4,000 cash will be awarded to the 1st runner-up team
Trophy and HK$2,000 cash will be awarded to the 2nd runner-up team
Trophy and HK$1,000 cash will be awarded to the 2nd runner-up team
Prize will be presented to the winning team of Sports Expo Special Award*
Free single-class coupon from Nexus Dance Studio will be awarded to the winning team of Popularity Award
*Sports Expo Special Award: Prize will be presented to the team that best fits the theme of “The Sporting Campus” in choreography and costume; One team will be selected in each category.
Hotline: 2117 1650
Online Registration Fill and submit the online enrollment form and pay your enrollment fee by credit card (Visa/MasterCard)
Cheque Payable to “Sportsoho Media Limited”. Please submit the cheque to “Flat A, 9/F, Tontex Industrial Building, 2-4 Sheung Hei Street, San Po Kong, Kowloon” by hand or by post.
Terms and Conditions
- All entry choreographies must be original and must not exceed 4 minutes.
- All music must not contain religious, provocative, violent, pornographic and foul languages or lyrics.
- The team name must not contain religious, provocative, violent, pornographic and foul languages.
- Entrants are required to send the music clips (in mp3 format) to the Organizer via email on or before 10/8/2020.
- Entrants are required to arrive at the competition venue for registration and music confirmation at least 45 minutes before the start of the contest.
- The order of performance is randomized. Participants will be informed during register.
- NO rehearsal before competition.
- The prize ceremony will be held immediately following the competition.
- Props are allowed however, please inform the Organizer on or before 10 August, 2020.
- Liquids of any kind or any foreign substances that would damage the stage are not allowed. Littering is strictly forbidden.
- Loose props thrown from the stage are not allowed.
- Carrying props by non-dancers is forbidden during performance.
- All stage designs must contain a prior written consent of the Organizer.
- Set up and removal of stage setting should be done in 15 seconds by dancer.
- Participants must study the rules and regulations listed below carefully. Participants who completed the registration process agreed to be abided by the rules and regulations of the event.
- Once the entry is accepted, entry fee is non-refundable & non-transferable under any circumstances. An acknowledgement email will be sent to the registered email address within 10 working days after the Organizer has received the registration. Otherwise, please contact the Organizer immediately.
- Repeated entries will be counted as a single entry. Extra fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another applicant or other races. Also, the submitted form and information will not be returned.
- Late or on-site enrollment will not be accepted.
- Incomplete enrollment will not be accepted.
- Each participant agrees to absolve the Organizer, Event Producer, supporting organizations and sponsors from any and all liabilities arising from bodily injuries, accidents, death or other losses during or caused by travelling to and from the event venue during the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend, delete and supplement any rules and regulations of the programme. All changes will only be announced on official website without prior notice.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs for advertising purpose, including brochure.
Health and safety advice
- Participants should make sure their health conditions are suitable for the strenuous race. In cases of doubt, please seek medical advice in advance.
- Participants should understand the event content and nature and participating in this event requires physical exertion. Participants should be in sound medical condition capable of participating in the event. The Organizer suggests all participants to monitor their own physical conditions deemed fit and capable for participating in the event. In case you are feeling sick during the event, you should immediately stop the activity and do seek help from the onsite race officials.
- People who are pregnant or with chronic diseases, like heart disease and high blood pressure, are not recommended to participate in the event.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disallow or disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event and such person shall accept.
- Participants are advised to arrange their own insurance cover.